Book Your Mechanic Now
Mobile Vehicle Servicing : 07943185471
Get your car ready to survive the winter with one of our winter safety checks
Of all the seasons, winter requires as much care, preparation and planning to ensure you and your family stay safe on the roads.
Breakdowns can be avoided with the help of Fastlane Autocare. With winter being the most dangerous season the last thing you want is to be stranded on the side of the road. It is important to be prepared for the cold and difficult road conditions that can arise.
To give you one less thing to worry about during the festive period, Fastlane Autocare, with our fully trained and specialist technicians can carry out a range of services on your car and get you winter ready
What is included in our service packages and winter safety checks?:
- Tyres - We check the overall condition of your tyres including the tread depth and pressure
- Battery - We test the batteries & charge to ensure its lifespan
- Anti-freeze - We will put fresh anti-freeze in your car's system
- Full oil change - We will change the oil and ensure your car has the correct oil
- Fuel Filter - We change the fuel filter to ensure the fuel has the best chance of not blocking up in the cold
- Air Filter - We will change the air filter to ensure the car is getting maximum air flow
- Brakes - We will check the brakes to make sure you have the best chance of stopping
With the short days and bad weather, visibility of the road is vital so we’ll also check your car's
- Wiper blades - for splits or damage
- Operation of the windscreen wash system - and top screen wash up
- Light bulbs - faulty or broken bulbs are illegal so we change them for you
- Once your check & service has been completed our trained technicians will discuss the service with you and provide help and guidance if any elements do not meet the safety requirements.
Why do we check these areas?
These areas are common to get wear and tear the difference between a safe journey and a disaster could be just down to the most minimalist item on your car
Tyre care is now essential don't put off tyre checks and replacements any longer
Tyres are essential in keeping you safe on the roads especially during the winter months with the risk of snow and ice.
Battery failure is more common in the winter months, the colder the temperature gets, the slower the chemical reactions within the battery, resulting in reduced performance which kills batteries. During the winter, you naturally use more electrical components such as heating and lights which place additional demands on the battery.
Your engine’s Anti-freeze level should be checked every winter to avoid causing serious damage to your engine. It is essential to check your anti-freeze levels as water alone can freeze causing serious damage.
Wiper blades and windscreen system and screen wash levels
Visibility on the road is even more important in winter. Part of our service check includes inspecting your wiper blades to ensure they are not split and damage free. We also check the operation of your windscreen wash and make sure all levels are to the top
Ensuring your vehicle’s lights are working correctly is critical not only for your own safety and other road users. Having a faulty or damaged bulb is illegal so make sure you check these on a regular basis.
To book in for your winter service check, give us a call. prices start from just £74.95 including parts! Is this a service you can really afford not to have? call us today to discuss your needs on 07943185471.